Whether you like it or not, you are judged by the way you look. Men that are overweight or sloppily dressed will be thought of as lazy or less than intelligent. You may have an IQ of 180, but if you don’t dress the part, no one will take you seriously. So it is vitally important that you invest some time in your appearance. The following are a few tips to get you looking your best.
1) Go to a salon for a haircut. A hairdresser will be able to help you choose the right haircut for your facial features.
2) Get a manicure. Your hands say a lot about you. You can have a nice suit and be freshly showered, but if your nails are dirty, broken and ragged it will detract for the whole package.
3) Shower daily. No one wants to smell day old body odor.
4) Brush your teeth a least twice a day. Consider getting your teeth whitened also. Pearl white teeth convey a message of success and wealth.
5) Remove excess hair. Clip those nose hairs and keep your face clean shaven.
6) Wear only clean, pressed clothes. If your clothes are disheveled or dirty, others will think that your whole life is disheveled and they will not take you seriously.
7) Stay fit. You don’t have to have bulging muscles, but you should keep your weight under control.
8) Update your wardrobe. Throw away those clothes that you have been wearing since your high school days. Shop for more trendy clothes to update your look. If you don’t know how to do this, enlist the help of a female family member or even a girlfriend.
9) Shoes are an important part of your look. If you are wearing a nice suit, you don’t want to wear scuffed up dress shoes. Even if you are dressing casual for a night on the town, avoid wearing those smelly sneakers that you play basketball in. Invest in a few pairs of nice shoes.
10) Wear a nice cologne, but don’t overdo it. You don’t want to overpower everyone in the office or have your date gasping for air. Moderation is the key.
Pay attention to your lips. Chapped and cracked lips are very unattractive. Invest in lip balm to keep your lips smooth and moist.
So there you have some great tips on maintaining your appearance. Remember that you are judged by the way you look on the outside. A sloppy appearance can cost you a job, a promotion or a date with the woman of your dreams. If you take the time to care about how you look, you will start to see a vast improvement in your life.