Are you looking for the perfect present for your favourite motorbiking female this winter? Whether you’re shopping for your girlfriend, Mum, sister or friend Ghostbikes have hand tested a whole range of helmets, boots and bike gear that will put a smile on their face. Here’s ten of our best:
1. The Womens Oxford Bone Dry 2009 Motorbike Jacket is a versatile, windproof and rainproof piece of quality motorcycle kit. Its breathable textile fabric makes this an extremely lightweight choice. Oxford’s design also benefits from reflective piping and a removable thermal lining and comes in black with a choice of accentuating colours.
2. Looking for a women’s jacket with a racing style? The Duchinni Trax Womens Motorcycle Jacket incorporates a serious sports style with quality materials. It is made from 100 per cent leather with a fitted airtex lining, so it looks great and fits close around the body. With armoured shoulders, elbows, cuffs and collars lined with fleece, this is a luxury biking item for a serious female rider.
3. Alongside Duchinni’s tailored jacket are the Duchinni Trax Ladies Motorcycle Trousers which can easily be attached via a strong connecting zip. These are ideal for riders who like the protection of a one-suit but don’t want the restrictions. This quality leather product is lined and contains Knox armour.
4. The Buffalo Planet Womens Motorcycle Jacket is made from the finest quality cow hide to give it a sleek and quality feel and to give you maximum protection from the road. The elbow and shoulders include CE approved armour for added defence. This jacket is specially lined for additional comfort.
5. Buffalo Planet Ladies Motorcycle Trousers are a particularly durable set of riding trousers made from 100 per cent leather and lined with Polyester for added comfort. They include stretch panels for a body-hugging fit and are double and triple stitched throughout.
6. Women can wear whatever helmets men can, and they often pull off the look better too. But if you’re looking for a helmet with a particularly feminine twist you could try the HJC CS-12N Cyclone Motorcycle Helmet. This has the same great features as a quality men’s helmet, including an ACU Glodt Standard for track use, an aerodynamic shell and a quick release visor system. The only difference is you can purchase it in red or pink, and set yourself apart from all that testosterone on the roads.
7. One of our most popular helmets is also one of the only helmets to be awarded the Sharp Four Star rating for safety and it’s a great choice for women who want to add a bit of colour to their rider. The hot pink Duchinni D701 Motorcycle Helmet is a guaranteed head turner.
8. Possible the most fantastic women-only products to come out this season are the Sidi Vertigo Lei Ladies Motorcycle Boots. These high performance Sidis include a shock absorbent foot shell, shin plates and several advanced features to ensure complete safety on the road. Plus their sharp black and red design looks amazing.
9. For a fully waterproof, breathable boot that looks sleek and uncluttered, check out Blytz Ladies Motorcycle Boots. With Velcro closure and a non-slip grip, this footwear is a simple but effective way to ride with comfort and style.
10. Everyone knows the Shoei brand – they include most respected helmet manufacturers in the business and their unique designs are probably the most coveted in the motorcycle world. Now they have given the classic Shoei design a sharp feminine twist with the Shoei Raid II Couture Motorcycle Helmet – proving their belief that female riders can play a man’s game.