If you have read some of my other reviews of weight loss programs, you would know that obesity is on a sharp increase in western countries and all evidence points to this trend continuing for years. I believe there are several reasons for this. In this fast paced world we are just too busy or too tired to cook for ourselves. This truly is the fast food era. In my other weight loss reviews I have said that long term weight loss is a lifestyle choice. Its easy to lose a bit of weight but to keep it off requires a conscious change in diet and regular exercise. To be healthy is a lifestyle choice not a given. That lifestyle change must consist of eating healthy nutritional meals and exercise. One without the other does work in losing the weight and keeping it off. I love good food, good wine and good friends. I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes but that are not going to blow my waistline.
I saw this cookbook and thought what does anabolic mean? According to the Cambridge Dictionary anabolic means "A hormone, chemically made by living cells, that causes muscle and bone growth."
What Is the Anabolic Cooking Cookbook?
The anabolic cookbook is designed for busy people on the go who don't have time to cook healthy nutritious meals but want to lose the fat, build muscle or just eat healthy. The book contains over 200 recipes that take only minutes to prepare. This diet recipe book tells you what to eat, when to eat it, what ingredients to shop for and step by step instructions on how to prepare your meals. The interesting thing I found in this cookbook is that it tells you what is in the foods we are eating.
For those that are novices in the kitchen there is a section on how to read a recipe, the different cooking methods and what tools you need to get started in the kitchen. It's a virtual cooking classroom.
Nutrition is the most important part of losing weight and building muscle but how many of us assume that eating healthy means boring bland tasting foods? I admit I do. Dave Ruel the creator of the anabolic cookbook has soups, salads, fish and seafood, chicken and poultry, red meat and pork, breakfast and desert recipes that sound and look delicious. The first thing I looked at was the desert menu and got excited about the strawberry meringue, the chocolate mousse, and the blueberry cheesecake. But there are so many others to choose from as well. I figured the other menus are less important. I kid myself. But all the recipes are delicious and Dave says it takes only minutes to prepare a week of meals and also shows you how best to store them away.
• A Complete shopping list, nutritional meal plans, and step by step meal preparation.
• Meal planning is easier because you are told what to eat and when to eat it and how to prepare a complete a daily meal plan from breakfast to dinner.
• Improves your cooking skills.
• Contains the nutritional values of all the foods you buy and eat so you know exactly what you are putting into your body.
• Each recipe is designed to burn the fat, build muscle and tone the body.
• 60 day money back guarantee.
• No need for supplements.
• Dave does not include exercise routines for losing the fat or building muscle.
• Vegetarians do not have a huge variety of meals to choose from.
• This comes as e-book and not available as a hard copy.
• Some recipes do not mention serving sizes so if cooking for more than 1 you have to make adjustments to the ingredients yourself.
The Final Word:
There is no doubt nutrition is a big part of the weight loss equation. Often we associate diets with boring, tasteless foods but the anabolic cookbook gives us diet recipes that look good taste good and is good for us. The anabolic cookbook is one half of the equation you also need regular exercise with good nutrition to lose weight and keep it off. I do believe this book is a good first step and if used with a suitable exercise routine can help you lose the weight, build muscle and get healthy.