05 Dec 2019, 12:30 IST
Chelsea are seemingly eager to sign Jadon Sancho, but they may have to wait until the end of the season.
The Borussia Dortmund star, 19, has been heavily linked with a move away from the Bundesliga club, with numerous Premier League sides reportedly interested.
And Chelsea could be ready to spend big to land the England international.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA READY TO BREAK TRANSFER RECORD FOR SANCHO
Chelsea are prepared to break their transfer record to land Sancho, according to Goal.com.
Sancho has been linked to the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City after impressing at Dortmund.
Chelsea broke their own transfer record last year, when they paid Athletic Bilbao a reported £71.6million (€80m) for goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga.
The Premier League club are appealing their transfer ban, at this stage unable to buy players in January.
That may not be such a problem when it comes to Sancho, though, with Sport Bild reporting the attacker may not want a January move.
Big news, Chelsea fans
Frank Lampard’s side are confident of beating Manchester United to the signing of Jadon Sancho
Full story from @NizaarKinsella
— Goal News (@GoalNews) December 4, 2019
– Edinson Cavani is struggling for game time at Paris Saint-Germain and the 32-year-old forward could be set for a move. AS reports the Uruguay international likes the idea of a switch to Atletico Madrid.
– Staying at the Wanda Metropolitano and Athletico Paranaense midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, 22, will join Atletico in a €30m transfer next year, according to Marca.
El Atlético ata a Bruno Guimaraes https://t.co/OhbtLYCq0d
— MARCA (@marca) December 5, 2019
– Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appears safe for now at Manchester United, but The Sun reports the Premier League club could turn to England manager Gareth Southgate if they decide to make a change at the end of the season.
– Carlo Ancelotti remains under pressure at Napoli. La Gazzetta dello Sport reports Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis will wait until the Champions League clash against Genk on December 10 before considering a change. Napoli are winless in eight matches and sit seventh in Serie A.
– Metz and France youth international defender Lenny Lacroix, 16, is attracting interest from Barcelona and Juventus, according to Mundo Deportivo.
– With Everton in the Premier League relegation zone after their Merseyside derby loss to Liverpool, Marco Silva could be sacked. The Sun reports Silva said goodbye to his Everton players after the loss at Anfield.
Fetching more content…