The name “colour matching cabinet” is familiar to many people working in textile and plastic industry. As the name suggests, it offers a standardized visual assessment of color. It is used for the determination of the color fastness in the textile and other industries. The color fastness is determined by electronic crockmeter machine which is an anticipated and highly coveted machine in the textile market.
The textile market has noticed a significant growth in the last several decades with increasing use of a color matching cabinet. The increasing awareness about fashion and color among people has become a great factor to lead the growth of the textile industry. In today’s world, there is a huge demand for high-quality textile products. Therefore, it is important for the manufacturers to ensure the best manufacturing process and better quality control. A color matching cabinet makes the job easier for them.
The main problem that the manufacturers face in the textile industry is Metamerism with the fabrics. It is the common phenomenon as the fabrics come in different looks in different lighting conditions. This can be a notable problem for the consumers and color conscious people. This is why the manufacturers of the products want to do this job sincerely. It becomes very tough to maintain consistency of the products. In such a condition this equipment becomes the best weapon to ensure a satisfactory customer service.
Color matching cabinets are used in numerous industries to provide standardized environment for evaluation, justification and visual assessment of colors. It is perfect for almost all applications where you need to maintain color consistency and quality. It allows a user to assess and evaluate color sample under different light sources like filament light, ultra violet light, artificial daylight, and tube light TL 84 better known as tri-phosphor fluorescent light. The evaluation of fabrics under multiple light sources is the best way to detect and determine metamerism when samples appear to less than one light source. This is the only way to distinctly differentiate one from another. Needless to say, color matching is the globally accepted and preferred choice for quicker, closer and accurate color matching of the samples.
Color matching cabinets are used in various industries like painting, plating, plastic, paper, textile, etc. It has no better alternative in the case of faster, closer and accurate color matching solution.
A color matching cabinet measures the color difference between two samples.
An advanced and accurate color matching cabinet is equipped with most accurate light cabinet for visual analysis and evaluation of fabrics, dresses, cloth, textiles, plastics and leathers, etc. It checks and analyses color-matching under a standard light source. The checking method is executed under a closed environment to minimize the interference of external lights.
Color matching cabinet booth
Color matching cabinet booths are used extensively in textile industry for color assessment. These come with doors. Garment manufacturer and exporters use these to decide the perfect color combination.
Salient features of a color matching cabinet:
• It is made of Teakwood. Sometimes Ply Board and Sun mica are used. The quality of these materials must be international standards.
• It includes major tube lights and fluorescent bulbs for quick and accurate color assessment.
• It is fitted well with ballasts for instant start and power saving tools to safeguard the expensive and highly sensitive tube lights and fluorescent bulbs.
• There are button switches to start and stop.
• There is no heat emission
• It is compact and high quality
• There is no feeling of warm-up
• You will find no flick
• Elapsed time displays each light source.
• It saves energy and gives efficient illumination.
How does a color matching cabinet work?
• The equipment provides a wide viewing area. It is well-equipped with multiple light sources or lamps or tube lights to detect the phenomenon of Metamerism. Here samples come to match under a single light source. In order to reach the final destination and receive approval, the fabric has to undergo various light sources. These light sources encompass artificial daylight, tungsten filament light, triphosphor fluorescent light, cool white light, and ultraviolet black light.
• The sample needs to be tested. Moreover, the original samples are to be sent in the viewing cavity.
• You need to check the original specimen closely, after switching on the D-65 Light. This is same for the specimen to be tested.
• When the match is perfect and satisfactory, the specimen needs to be tested under TFL Lamps and CWF Light
• Needless to say, the test is conducted under U.V.B Light. It is mandatory to ensure whether both samples react equally and perfectly to ultraviolet radiation.
• Then the final test is done under Fluorescent lamp tube, the colors are accepted at the ‘Point of Sale’.
• All these help in judging, justifying and assessing the color differences accurately, comparing the samples in different environment and conditions. When the match of both samples is carried out under all the lights, it becomes perfect for Dyeing, Printing and the coloring of the fabric or yarn as per the industry needs.
• The color matching cabinet ascertains the international standards. It can meet the color combinations needed in various industries.
• Most of these products come with a warranty. This ensures satisfactory customer experience which helps you build a long-term customer relationship.
Keeping pace with the time and demand, a wide variety of color matching cabinets has come to the market. Nowadays, many reputable companies have started manufacturing this equipment. As there is a tough completion in the market, these are coming with cleverer features and functionalities. However, at the time of buying these, you must buy from a reputable company. If you buy online, you need to buy a branded product from a reputable eCommerce. This will save your time, money and efforts.
Testex is a manufacturer and supplier of a color matching cabinet. You can learn more at http://www.testextextile.com/product/color-light-box-tu300cd/