(as of Sep 21,2021 21:04:50 UTC – Details)
This is a practical certification guide covering all the exam topics in an easy-to-follow manner backed with mock tests and self-assesment scenarios for better preparation
- Learn cryptography and various cryptography algorithms for real-world implementations
- Discover security policies, plans, and procedures to protect your security infrastructure
- Written by Ian Neil, one of the world’s top CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) trainer
CompTIA Security+ is a worldwide certification that establishes the fundamental knowledge required to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career. CompTIA Security+ Certification Guide is a best-in-class exam study guide that covers all of CompTIA Security+ 501 exam objectives. It is authored by Ian Neil, who is a world-class trainer of CompTIA Security+ 501. Packed with self-assessment scenarios and realistic exam questions, this guide will help you master the core concepts to succeed in the exam the first time you take it.
Using relevant examples, you will learn all the important security fundamentals from Certificates and Encryption to Identity and Access Management concepts. You will then dive into the important domains of the exam; namely, threats, attacks and vulnerabilities, technologies and tools, architecture and design, risk management, and cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
This book comes with over 600 practice questions with detailed explanation that is at the exam level and also includes two mock exams to help you with your study plan. This guide will ensure that encryption and certificates are made easy for you.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with security fundamentals from Certificates and Encryption to Identity and Access Management
- Secure devices and applications that are used by your company
- Identify the different types of malware and virus and take appropriate actions to protect against them
- Protect your environment against social engineering and advanced attacks
- Implement PKI concepts
- Learn about secure coding techniques, quality control, and testing
- Troubleshoot common security issues
Who this book is for
This book is designed for anyone who is seeking to pass the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam. It is a stepping stone for anyone who wants to become a security professional or move into cyber security. This certification guide assumes no prior knowledge of the product.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Security Fundamentals
- Conducting Risk Analysis
- Implementing Security Policies and Procedures
- Delving into Identity and Access Management
- Understanding Network Components
- Understanding Cloud Models and Virtualization
- Managing Hosts and Application Deployment
- Protecting Against Attacks and Vulnerabilities
- Implementing the Public Key Infrastructure
- Responding to Security Incidents
- Managing Business Continuity
- Mock Exam 1
- Mock Exam 2
- Appendix A: Preparing for the CompTIA Security+ 501 Exam
- Appendix B: Acronyms
Ian Neil has been involved in IT for 20 years. During that period, he has taught and implemented Security products. He is currently an IT Consultant and a Microsoft Certified Trainer, who has delivered Microsoft Product including Enterprise Server products such as Exchange, Lync and Server products, Desktop and Security courses to a number of high level companies such as Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Bank of Scotland, Norwich Union, Commonwealth Bank of Australia as well as premier training provider including QA Training, Global Knowledge and Sure skills. He has delivered structured training and ad hoc practical workshops for clients. He is a RESILIA Practitioner and has delivered CompTIA Products such as A+, Network+, Security+ and CASP. As an IT Consultant, he has completed various Server and Exchange migrations. Ian Neil is one of the world’s top trainers of Security + 501 who has the ability to break down the information in manageable chunks so that people with no background knowledge can gain the skill to become certified. He has worked for the US Army in Europe and designed a Security + course that catered to people from all backgrounds and not just the IT Professional, with an extremely successful pass rate. He has won many awards for his style of teaching.