- Crossdresser/ transgender breast forms are now made of sophisticated materials and designed with highly technical processes and materials development. Compared to the old foam standbys, today’s crossdresser breast forms provide truly realistic feel, weight, movement and adhesion. The best way to find out just what this means is to try them out.
- Note that if you purchase breast forms online, it’s best to review the return policy. Reputable stores will accept returns because they are interested in removing all barriers customers might feel when they are new to this type of purchase, but that doesn’t mean you can buy these puppies, wear them a while, and then return them for all your money back. There are strict rules for return-which is good for customers who need to know they can count on quality. So, when your order arrives, follow these basic tips: don’t use adhesives unless you 100% sure you are going to keep them forever; don’t wear them long enough to transfer perfume, smoke or other odors to the forms (in other words, try them on in a controlled environment to make sure they’re what you want); always try them on with a bra (no contact with skin) during the trial period.
- Prices vary, not only from store to store but also among breastform types; this means you can start at a lower price point if you need to and invest more later as you are able to or want to try a higher tier of quality.
- Shapes can be triangular, symmetrical, asymmetrical, round or teardrop and will come in different sizes. Many feature a concave back that will hug the male chest for a better fit. Nipples will vary in protrusion and realism; some are removable and some can be purchased separately. Some breast forms include a tapered underarm and chest projection to give the most realistic visual.
- Materials used can include silicone of varying densities (lightweight silicone costs more but it provides benefits that aren’t available in other materials) or polyurethane (hypoallergenic). Formatting can be anything from independent forms to a set that includes a transparent bra for adhesive-free wear.
- Size matters, especially if you have specific look or feel in mind. Consider your proportions (shoulders, chest, waist) and your goals (big, natural, realistic, small) and make your purchase accordingly. Buying bras that can hold these forms is easy when the online store provides a fitting guide or invites customers to call for assistance.
These tips may help you get started on shopping for your breastforms and ensure that you are satisfied with the outcome.