One of the most important components of organizations is their business telephone system. Without communication, businesses are unable to carry out their business activities. Therefore, the telephone systems must be perfect enough to be used and must incorporate all those essential features which are required by the organizations. This article mainly discusses the features which must be found in an efficient system.
A telephone system must be such that it adds value to your business too. Therefore, the system must be integrated with some essential features. Different brands offer different features. It is important that you must know the complete information regarding the features. Here is a list of the features that must be present in a perfect and valuable system.
- The first essential feature is that of auto attendants. These systems are equipped with auto attendant features which let these systems work as a receptionist for the callers. They take the calls automatically and direct the caller to enter the right number to reach their desired extension. This saves time of the attendants who are busy in taking other calls of the callers.
- Most of the business telephone systems have conference call features too. This lets more than two conferences to carry out at the same time. There are some systems which allow the conference of only two extensions at a time. However, such systems have also been manufactured which allow the conference of more than two calls as well. Most of the systems offer the feature of internal extension conferences. If you want external conferences, then you will need to ask for that.
- The systems have automated directories integrated in them. This feature allows the caller to see the extension of the employee. This can be done by entering the first three letters of his name.
- The voice mail feature lets you leave a message for the employee who is unavailable at a time. Some of the systems also allow third-party voice mailing option too.
- Call hold feature is present in all the business telephone systems. This feature puts the caller on hold when the attendant is busy in dealing with other people on calls. This is an automatic system.
- Then there is a call forwarding feature which takes the call and then forwards these calls to the other extensions if required.
- It has a speed dial option which saves the time of the employees in dialing the number of people manually.
- Redialing option is also available on these systems. Instead of dialing the numbers all over again, this system lets you dial the number again immediately.
- Music on hold is another feature which is present in the systems too. The music automatically gets played at the time when a caller is placed on a hold when an employee is busy in attending the other calls. This gives something to the visitors to listen to while they are waiting for the call to get attended.
- Power back option helps to provide sufficient energy to the system when there is a power outage by chance.
- The advanced features of the telephone systems will cost you a lot more money but these features are worth paying for. The main advanced features present in the business telephone systems are remote location, follow me and Computer Telephone Integration.
These are some basic features of telephone systems for businesses. If you are planning to buy one, then don’t forget to check if all these features are present in your system or not.