If you were to type into the search engines ‘online coaching business’ there will be thousands of sites that appear but how do you gauge the one that is right for you?
It is very easy to get caught up in a lot of the hype that is out there and amidst all of that, there are hundreds, possibly even thousands of good, well intended and reputable online coaching businesses. When you are completely new, it is very easy to get sucked into something that looks as though it is exactly what you are looking for, but from personal experience can fall far short of what was originally promised.
So how can I, through this article prevent you from making similar mistakes I did in the early stages?
· Firstly you need to identify what is it you really want to learn?
· How much online marketing experience do you already have?
· What credentials does the online coaching business have?
· How many clients do they have, are you going to be one of thousands?
· How do they conduct the online coaching, is it on a 1-1 basis, is it through a series of emails, video tutorials or is there a real person you will be dealing with?
· How accessible are they going to be to you?
· What guarantees are they giving you? This is one to watch as no-one anywhere can guarantee your success. Your success or otherwise rests firmly with you, your motivation and mindset to succeed.
· What fees are they charging? Is it a one-off fee, a monthly recurring fee, or perhaps you pay for individual consultations?
· How current are they in the knowledge they are passing on? The online world and ways of marketing are changing almost daily and what worked well this time last year may now be ineffective.
· Do they have a forum set up whereby you can liaise/network/share learning experiences with other online coaching business students?
I would advise that before you sign up to any online coaching business that you use this check list above. You may have several other questions in addition to those above. I would suggest you cut and paste them and leave space under each question to write the answers as you assess the online coaching business and its suitability to meet your needs.
The world of online marketing is like no other, and like many others moving into internet marketing, I tried to bring a lot of my experience from the offline world into my business in the early days and quickly learned it is almost incomparable. Due diligence is the key of the day; there are many ruthless online coaching businesses although thankfully these are outnumbered by the genuine opportunities that can also come your way if you just take the time to assess exactly what it is you need. On a similar level on the scale, assess what you don’t need. There will be many FREE offerings to get you to sign up with a specific online coach and my advice here is, if it is something you are not actively looking for at this time, focus on what it is you are looking for and leave the free gift for another time. Ask yourself if it is a ‘need’ rather than a ‘want’ and that should provide you with the answer.