Microsoft is rolling out an Outlook replace to repair an odd bug for Microsoft 365 customers that’s inflicting electronic mail textual content to vanish because it’s typed and incoming messages to indicate up clean. In different phrases: a productivity-killing nightmare, whether or not you depend on Outlook for work or for enjoyable.
Whereas Microsoft says the bug is confined to the Outlook desktop consumer, some customers have additionally reported points with clean messages and disappearing textual content on the net and cell variations. Fortunately, Microsoft’s says it recognized the problem and it launched a patch early Wednesday morning to repair it. Based on the newest Microsoft 365 service bulletin, ”the repair has been utilized to all affected environments,” and the patch is out there now for everybody.
Some Outlook customers could have already got the patch put in due to computerized updates, however you may verify for and set up the patch manually:
- Open the Outlook app.
- Go to File > Workplace Account > Product Info
- Choose Replace Choices > Replace Now.
- Let the replace set up. You’ll see a “You’re updated!” message when it’s completed.
- Shut all different Microsoft 365 apps, then restart Outlook.
You can even set up the patch by means of the Microsoft retailer on Home windows 10:
- Shut all Microsoft 365 apps
- Open the Microsoft Retailer app in your PC.
- Click on on the “…” icon within the higher proper, then click on “Downloads and Updates.”
- Click on “Get Updates” to obtain and set up all software program updates, or scroll by means of the “Pending Updates” record and click on “Set up” subsequent to Microsoft 365 and/or Outlook.
Microsoft notes that some customers could proceed to expertise the clean electronic mail bug even after putting in the patch, during which case customers ought to “restart their consumer a second time for the modifications to take impact.”
If the problem persists even after the second reboot, submit a bug report to Microsoft. Anecdotal consumer suggestions suggests utilizing the Outlook web site in Chrome is safer than Edge or the desktop consumer.