Sometimes it is difficult to choose lingerie and undergarments. In the past, plus size selections were limited. Nowadays, it is much easier to find a selection of quality fabrics, colors and styles in lovely plus size lingerie.
Fortunately, beautiful plus sized lingerie is only a click away. You can shop for a wonderful array of clothing, including lingerie, in boutiques, department stores and even the internet. Since shopping for lingerie can be a daunting experience for any woman, the web can offer lots of choices, with size and color charts to help make your search for the bare necessities easy, private and fun!
In case you're looking for plus size lingerie, follow these easy shopping tips.
* First, it's very important for you to determine your correct measurements. Every shape has its best look, so it's essential to choose a flattering style for your figure. If you have a large bust, be sure and choose something with good support. If you are looking for something to cinch your waist, be sure to read the size chart to be sure it accommodates your measurements on the bust, hips and waist.
* Bra sizes vary according to brand, so it's important that you measure your breasts at your nipple level and around your back at the bra line. A great test for a bra's fit is to try it on with a soft t-shirt to see if it shows indentation on your shoulders or back – if it does, it's too tight and can cause you discomfort. Or if your underwear is for a special occasion, try it on with the outfit that you are going to wear over it. Above all, make sure your clothes are comfortable and made of fabrics that you are willing to clean carefully.
* Define your sex appeal and style. When you know the type of material, color or design you want or which makes you look good, it becomes easier for you to search through online stores and boutiques.
* Make sure you match your garments with your body type. Women come in three body forms: Apple (bulky in the middle and slim on the top), Pear (slim busts and bulky hips and waistline) or Column (proportionate figure) body type. Whatever you've selected should be categorized and matched with your body type.
* There are plenty of options available in terms of materials (leather, vinyl, cotton, satin, silk, velvet, nylon, rayon and other synthetic fibers), designs (plain, dots, crisscross, patterns, decorations, shades (red, black , lavender, baby pink, scarlet, purple, beige, silver and white being the most alluring ones) and trimmings (net, mesh, lace and ribbons etc. Pick your favorites and experiment with your look.
It's best to check out online stores for plus size lingerie because they've got a huge collection with contemporary pieces that follow the latest fashion trends!