Smoking of meat and fish goes back a long time in history. It is believed that indigenous people used smoke produced whilst drying fish to drive flies away. Previously, they used to hang meats to dry. They eventually found out that the smoke acted as a preservative for food as well. The meat stored in smoky areas also tasted better than that dried from the Sun.
Smoking of food includes heating, roasting or cooking through constant application of heat from smoke produced naturally (burning wood or coal) or artificially (electrically). Smoked foods bring a different taste and way of cooking for people around the world. The primary advantage of smoking food products is that it helps in preservation of food for future consumption. They help in preserving wastage food that may become useful in the future.
There are other advantages of smoked foods as well which are:
– High temperature due to smoking kills and slows down growth of bacteria in food.
– Controls development of fat in food items. With time fats gradually become rancid which damages the quality (i.e. nutrients) as well as their smell.
– Enhances smell and taste. Smoking brings a unique smell and taste in food which many find mouthwatering.
– Change in color of food items after smoking makes it more appealing while serving.
– Smoking of foods is not an easy task which takes time and effort and sometimes help from friends or relatives as well. This indirectly helps in improving social interaction. Recent times have shown that many people enjoy preparing smoked foods whilst family or friend’s gatherings.
We can find various other positive sides of smoking as well. However, consumption of smoked products on a regular basis can result in development of cancer in your body. Obviously, smoked products bring a lot of advantages for us but we need to keep in mind about how much we consume it as well for our own health benefit.
With that all in mind, it is safe to say that we need to be careful about how we get our smoked food products and its consumption amount.
You can find 100% naturally smoked food products here at http://bit.ly/2HMHc2N
Or let me know if you want any recipes for smoked foods. I can provide some good recipes for you to prepare your own home made smoked foods. They are easy to follow and the ingredients are easily available in market.