The Premier League says it has no plans to droop the season regardless of an increase in optimistic coronavirus checks.
New coronavirus instances at Fulham led to their Premier League match at Tottenham on Wednesday being called off.
West Brom supervisor Sam Allardyce has referred to as for a soccer “circuit break” however the Premier League says it “has not mentioned pausing the season”.
“The league continues to believe in its Covid-19 protocols to allow fixtures to be performed as scheduled, and these protocols proceed to have the total backing of presidency,” it mentioned.
“With the well being of gamers and workers the precedence, the league can be totally supportive of how golf equipment are implementing the protocols and guidelines.”
On Monday, Manchester Metropolis’s Premier League match at Everton was postponed 4 hours earlier than kick-off due to a coronavirus outbreak.
Sheffield United have confirmed they’d “quite a few optimistic checks” within the newest spherical of testing.
Soccer to proceed, however followers banned from stadiums once more
Though the Premier League is to proceed as deliberate, followers will as soon as once more be banned from attending soccer matches as extra areas of England are to be positioned below harder coronavirus restrictions from midnight.
Liverpool is to be moved into tier three of the federal government’s restrictions for England, which suggests followers will not be allowed into Anfield or Everton’s Goodison Park.
The 2 grounds had been the one Premier League stadiums permitted to permit as much as 2,000 followers inside below tier two restrictions.
Many different areas of England, together with elements of the North West, the North East and the Midlands are shifting into the hardest tier 4 restrictions from 00:01 GMT on Thursday, 31 December.