What are the pros and cons of the Eat More, Weigh Less program? This routine is the result of studies aimed to find ways to quash heart disease. With this program, you are required to eat foods low in fat and high in fiber and vegetable content. Dairy food consumption should also be reduced. You must eat mainly complex carbohydrates such as grains, fruits and vegetables, and foods rich in essential fatty acids such as omega 3. You should also eat foods low in saturated fat and sugar content. This program emphasizes differentiating between good and bad stress and regular physical activity.
The advantages of the Eat More, Weigh Less Diet are as follows:
1. It offers healthy benefits for you to lose excess weight.
2. It guides you in the way you create your meals, from food preparation to cooking, to make them more healthy and nutritious than your ordinary home-cooked meal.
3. Nutrition is preserved in food because it recommends healthy procedures and steps to follow in preparing your food.
4. It helps you manage good and bad stress.
5. It promotes an active and healthy lifestyle, through sports, exercise, and other physical activities.
What are the disadvantages of this routine?
1. It can be difficult and extremely limited. Meat is out of the picture, so people who are used to eating meat will find it very difficult. The thing here is that there is 6% of total fat calories to consume, very low when compared to the 25% to 35% recommendation.
2. Some people think this is too much for a long-term program. What they do is to modify this diet to suit their lifestyles, interests, and personalities.
3. Some people might find it hard to take in fiber initially. The key here is to start taking in fiber slowly, and eventually increase its rate so the body can get used to it.