If you somehow found yourself stranded on a desert island, what is the one feminizing item would you take with you? One boutique that specializes in selling average to very large breast forms took a poll. Nearly half of all who participated said they would take their breastforms with them over wigs, clothing, shoes, other body-shaping garments, stockings, etc. And, surprisingly, a very specific kind and size of silicone forms was preferred: size 40C attachable, and asymmetrical, also featuring:
- Full, tapered underarm and upper chest projections
- Matte, natural, realistic finish
- Multiply layers of polyurethane shell for safest attachment to the chest
- Protruding nipples
- Backing with concave design to fit the average body shape
- One year warranty
- Sizes 34 to 56 available
Why do breastforms get the most “votes”? Reportedly, they provided the biggest feminizing effect, making gurls instantly feel more en femme in body and mind. And what is it about those particular asymmetrical silicone breast forms that makes them most popular? Generally, the natural look and feel and the one-year warranty made them most lovable.
While 40C isn’t exactly “very large,” breast forms that are sized much bigger also have their fans, since bigger forms work better with broader shoulders and provide a few other perks, like:
- Super softness, some with a natural droop seen on genetic girls
- Matte, silky finish that gives that “bio touch” and made with silicone that warms with body heat
- More obvious feminine figure with life-like, realistic, perky nipples
- As technology and materials improve, these bigger boobs are more durable
- Jiggle, sway and sexy movement that mimics the natural, youthful breast
With proper care, forms made with silicone can last a long time. Things not to do:
- Don’t sleep with them on. The pressure and weight of the body can compromise the integrity and damage the forms.
- Don’t puncture, as this also compromises product integrity and causes leakage.
- Don’t wait to remove adhesive. Once you are done wearing, take them off and clean them immediately. You can soak them in a plate of adhesive remover (designed for this purpose) for about an hour and that will make it easier to clean them.
- Wear a pocket bra with large or very large breast forms to support the weight properly. This is also essential to properly caring for your body, as too much weight in the front can cause back and shoulder strain, especially if you don’t have the muscle tone or strength needed.
For sizing, you’ll love your breastforms more if they fit right, so here are some tips:
- Shoulder width matters if you are concerned about looking natural and not so much if you aren’t. If you just want big boobs, wear them!
- How much pectoral muscle/fat do you have? This is something to consider when you purchase cup size, because a B cup can look like a D if you already have generous build up there.
- Talk to a retailer for help finding the right size for you, but remember that even if you make a purchase and they aren’t exactly what you expected, you can return them (look for a store with a decent return policy) if they haven’t had any tape or adhesive attached or been in contact with your skin. Or if you have worn them a few times and don’t think they’ll work for you, lesson learned and now you have a gift for someone else who may be able to use them.
You’ll find other help online at stores or forums, and don’t hesitate to communicate with other transgender/crossdresser folks. Everyone is looking for connections and support and you will find plenty of helpful tips and kindness in this community.