Well, it is time to invite! That means you have 3-4 months left to go before your wedding, time and place are known, guest list is already accomplished and you are almost sure about the chosen outfit. Invitations should be sent out no later than 2 months before the wedding. However it is recommended to invite earlier before as soon as guests have not planned their trips somewhere to ski resort or to the Maldives.
Take an advantage of web shopping and find your perfect wedding invites in Internet. Stop your choice on the online wedding stationery store offering wedding cards with personalised printed text ready for mailing. If you prefer to touch and scrutinize them before buying – order samples by post to be sure they really meet your expectations.
Contemporary weddings don’t follow etiquette as strictly as 50 years ago and there is an enormous range of wedding stationery in an amazing array of styles and colours. The question is what to choose from the ocean of beautiful cards and their manufacturers. First of all you should realize what matches your style most of all, taking into account your preferences and format of reception. There is a helpful scheme of wedding receptions and relevant styles of stationery at your service:
- Black tie reception: white/ecru/ivory cardstock with black, gold, silver, red, purple, royal blue, burgundy accents. The most popular trends are Damask style, Antique style, Peacock theme, Monogrammed Classic style with elements of calligraphy. The hottest trend of 2011 considered to be a Fairytale look inspired by stories from childhood.
- Vintage inspired wedding: white/ecru/ivory cardstock decorated with lace, ribbons and pearls. Colour palette: candy pink, dusky rose, mocha, teal, mint, light blue, poppy red. The brightest example of vintage is polka dot pattern and retro vignettes.
- Romantic Garden reception: white/ivory/colour cardstock with botanical graphics. Colour palette: sage green, grey green, fuchsia, yellow, orange. The most popular symbols are silhouettes of grass, cherry blossom, flowers, stylized birds, butterflies and other insects – everything what we can find in the garden.
- Seashore wedding: white/ivory/turquoise background decorated with seashells, seahorses, corals and other sea attributes. Nowadays you can find even unusual solutions like scrolls tied with seaweeds or a message in the bottle.
- Destination wedding implies an accent on the place of wedding. After you had your pick of exotic locales around the world stress the essence of this idea with unusual invitations. Airplane tickets, geographical maps, tropical foliage, mountains, pyramids, symbols of cities such as Eiffel tower, statue of Liberty etc. – all these could be in use in the design of your wedding stationery.
- Casual weddings could be featured with informal wedding stationery. Some modern couples tend to ignore the established rules and choose invitations with funny cartoon pictures of bride and groom, calendar-invites or invitations printed on napkins or even issued as a multimedia CD.
All you have to do is to choose your style and colours. Don’t be afraid to be different – it is your day. Like peacocks? You may have them on your wedding invitations as much as you want. Mad about adventures? Treasure-map invitation will mirror your passionate nature. Don’t care about invitations? All right – take white traditional card and be happy.